We are pleased to invite Academy and Standard members to submit works to be considered for The European Composer and Songwriter Alliance (ECSA)’s twelfth European ECCO Concert. The concert, which will be performed by the Stockholm Saxophone Quartet, is taking place during the ECSA General Assembly in Stockholm on 8th October 2019.
ECCO is an initiative of the contemporary music committee of ECSA. It aims to establish a Europe-wide network dedicated to the performance, distribution and promotion of contemporary art music. It operates as a network of active ensembles, orchestras and young professionals, supporting creative dialogue between composers and performers and offering young professionals the opportunity to develop their skills on international level with ensembles experienced in contemporary music.
- For the ECCO call for Stockholm, the Stockholm Saxophone Quartet makes available the following instrumentation: Soprano saxophone, Alto saxophone, Tenor saxophone, Baritone saxophone and Electronics (only pre-recorded)
- Pieces for saxophone quartet and pieces of mixed music (saxophone quartet and electronics) are eligible for this call
- Electronic parts can only be submitted as sound files or max patches
- We encourage pieces of all lengths but ask that the piece does not exceed 15 minutes
- Works composed in movements cannot exceed 15 minutes in total. Separate movements will not be accepted
- Works must have been written within the last twenty years and have already received a performance
- Submissions must be made online via a PDF of the score. The score should preferably be type-set, but PDFs of legible hand-written score and parts are allowed. Please do not include your name on any part of the score as your work will be judged anonymously
- Submissions must include an audio recording in MP3 format of a live performance. No submissions will be considered without it
- Composer biography
- Contact information (email address and phone number)
- Photo of the composer (with credit information and authorization to use)
- Programme notes
To apply please submit your work, as well as the required supporting information, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for submissions is Monday 10th June 2019 at 10:00 GMT. Composers who have been selected for performance will be notified via email after 15th July 2019.