We are pleased to invite Academy and Standard members to submit works to be considered for The European Composer and Songwriter Alliance (ECSA)’s thirteenth European ECCO Concert. The concert, which will be performed by the Fractales ensemble, is taking place during the ECSA General Assembly at Flagey in Brussels on 4 February 2020.
ECCO is an initiative of the contemporary music committee of ECSA. It aims to establish a Europe-wide network dedicated to the performance, distribution and promotion of contemporary art music. It operates as a network of active ensembles, orchestras and young professionals, supporting creative dialogue between composers and performers and offering young professionals the opportunity to develop their skills on international level with ensembles experienced in contemporary music.
- For the ECCO call for Brussels, the Ensemble Fractales makes available the following instrumentation: piano,clarinet (Eb, Bb, A and Bass), violin or viola, cello, flute (standard, piccolo, alto and bass)
- All formations of available instruments are allowed except for solo and duo pieces
- We encourage pieces of all lengths but ask that the piece does not exceed15 minutes
- Individual separate movements of larger works will not be accepted
- Works must have been written within the last twenty years and have already received a performance
- Submissions must be made via a digital PDF of the score. The score should preferably be type-set, but PDFs of legible hand-written score and parts are allowed. Please do not include your name on any part of the score as your work will be judged anonymously
- Submissions must include an audio recording in MP3 format of a live performance. No submissions will be considered without it
- Composer biography
- Contact information (email address and phone number)
- Photo of the composer (with credit information and authorisation to use)
- Programme notes
- Your Ivors Academy membership number
To apply please submit your work, as well as the required supporting information, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for submissions is Monday 25 November 2019 at 10:00. Composers who have been selected for performance will be notified via email after 13 December 2019.