The Ivors Academy invites composers to submit scores as part of a celebration of new music for jazz ensembles. The call for scores originally referred to a live event meant to take place on 25 and 26 June 2020 at the Royal Welsh College of Music and Drama in Cardiff. Given the current set of circumstances the New Music Forum 2020 will be transformed into an online celebration of new works by British Jazz Composers. This will comprise of a series of video interviews with selected composers conducted remotely by members of The Ivors Academy Jazz Committee.
Works can include jazz ensembles of any instrumentation, but the focus should remain on composition.
Works totalling a maximum of 60-minutes will be selected by a panel from The Ivors Academy Jazz Committee and will form the basis of the online series which will be presented during the week of 29 June 2020.
Composers are invited to submit works for jazz ensemble of between 8 – 20 performers:
- Works must not exceed 10 minutes in duration
- Works must have been composed no earlier than 2015
- There are no restrictions on the works submitted – pieces may have been previously performed, recorded, and/or awarded
- Composers must be 18 and over to submit and be willing to participate in an online interview if their work/s are chosen
- Interviews will take place week of 29 June 2020
Submit the following:
1) Completed Entry Form – download and complete here
2) PDF of the full score
3) MP3 recording of the work (live, studio or computer-generated mock-up)
Email a folder (entitled: Work Title and Composer Name) via a file transfer service (e.g. Dropbox, Wetransfer, Google Drive etc.) to email@example.com
Friday 24th April 2020