Each event will start with a welcome from the membership team before the group is split into rotating breakout rooms with other members. You can also use this time to speak to The Ivors Academy and share any ideas for future events and opportunities.
An initial series of five events is scheduled to take place between 3pm – 4pm over the upcoming 10 weeks:
7th October – Songwriting – SOLD OUT
A cross-genre songwriting networking event most suitable for songwriters, producers, lyricists and instrumentalists who want an opportunity to meet co-writers.
21st October – Youth Network – BOOKINGS OPEN A WEEK IN ADVANCE
Connecting cross-genre songwriters and composers from across the country who are under 25 and looking for opportunities to collaborate with other creators.
4th November – Media Composition – BOOKINGS OPEN A WEEK IN ADVANCE
This session is for those looking to meet other composers from the media sector to collaborate with. This could include composition for film, TV, ads, games and production music. Members working in songwriting and orchestral composition for media are welcome.
18th November – Theatre Composition and Sound Design – BOOKINGS OPEN A WEEK IN ADVANCE
Aimed at those working in theatre composition and sound design who wish to meet other composers and songwriters creating music for the arts.
2nd December – Contemporary Classical – BOOKINGS OPEN A WEEK IN ADVANCE
Contemporary and traditional classical composers are invited to this session to meet other members for collaborative projects, whether it’s working together to maximise access to remote recording musicians, to create new collaborative pieces remotely, or to discuss composition techniques.
- Meetings are limited to 20 attendees.
- If you can no longer attend, please cancel your ticket or inform the membership team firstname.lastname@example.org so they can reallocate your space.
- If the event is full please add your name to the waiting list and if there is demand for more than one session, we will arrange an additional meeting.
- Please be prepared to use both your mic and video during networking.
- This is a Members Only event, please have your Ivors Academy membership number to hand when registering.