Inside Track is an artist development programme founded by Ivor Novello Award winner Cassell the Beatmaker. It provides creative and career opportunities to four participants from underrepresented groups and/or creators who are facing significant barriers to accessing the music industry. Barriers may relate to lack of access to education, caring responsibilities or geographical location.
WHAT TO EXPECT
Over the course of 12 months, participants work with Cassell the Beatmaker to:
- Write and produce two tracks.
- Collaborate with award winning musicians and songwriters.
- Participate in training workshops and mentoring (including image and brand development and business planning).
- Receive promotional opportunities to elevate their profile.
- Showcase their work through a live performance.
- Receive invitations to industry networking opportunities.
AM I ELIGIBLE?
To be eligible to apply for Inside Track, you should:
- Be a performing songwriter or composer (solo artists only).
- Live in the UK or Northern Ireland (recording takes place in Greater London Areas. Travel and accommodation bursaries are available).
- Be aged 18 + (there is no upper age limit for applications).
- Not have completed a project with In the Making CIC previously.
- Not have financial investment from a manager, publisher or record label or other industry partners.
- Not be tied into an exclusive publishing or recording contract.
- Be in financial need and without access to savings above £5,000
- Not in receipt of funding of creative or career development grants (not including hardship grants) from organisations such as PRS Foundation, Arts Council England, Creative Scotland, Help Musicians, Arts Council of Northern Ireland, Arts Council of Wales and other funding sources.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please ensure that you meet the eligibility criteria. You must be able to commit to the programme during its full duration (Jan 2024 – August 2024). Please take any other commitments you may have into consideration when applying.
Applications close at 5pm on 15th of January 2024.