The MAC Theatre & Oh Yeah Music Centre, Belfast
10:00 – 17:00 Thursday the 21st of April
Please join us at Output Belfast as the conference returns in real life for the first time since February 2020. Featuring live music and panels on music funding, music management, composing for games, music supervision, Irish hip hop and more. Attendees will have the opportunity to hear about the challenges and opportunities in today’s industry from esteemed music professionals.
The Ivors Academy is proud to co-present 3 special panels as part of the conference:
Shut Up and (co-) write hits? Co-Writing 101: As co-writing becomes more embedded in all facets of music from pop to grime we present a discussion on the current landscape and what opportunities exist to develop a career as co-writer by Grammy and Ivors Award winning writers.
- Iain Archer (Ivor Novello award winning co-writer with Snow Patrol and James Bay, Grammy nominated writer with James Bay)
- Lady V (Grammy winning co-writer with Dirty Vegas, co-writer with David Guetta, Demi Lovato, Tiesto, Selena Gomes)
- Ciaran Lavery (Artist, Songwriter, NI Music Prize winner)
- Nikke Macrae (co-founder Soft Gut Song Camp)
- Moderator: Lara Baker (Director of Business Development, UK & Ireland at Songtrust)
Composing Music for Theatre – Developing a Career in Writing Music for Stage and Musicals: Two composers of award-winning Irish and UK Theatre productions discuss the fascinating art of writing music for theatre.
- Katie Richardson (Composer, Sound Designer and Music Producer – Good Vibrations (The Lyric Theatre), ‘Rough Girls’ by Tara Lynn)
- Michael John McCarthy (Musician, Composer, Winner of Edinburgh Scotsman Fringe First Award)
- Moderator: Jake Morgan (Composer, Ivors Academy Youth Council Member, Founder of Morgan Creative)
Inside the BBC Radiophonic Workshop: Mark Ayres presents an unmissable talk on the history of the iconoclastic BBC Radiophonic Workshop, the original playground for electronic music creation in the UK. Mark will also include a listening session featuring stems from the original Dr Who theme tune recording as produced by the pioneering Delia Darbyshire.
Find sign up details here: http://www.outputbelfast.com.