On the 1st of November 2023 The Ivors Academy presents a dedicated conference for all screen composers working across film, TV, advertising, production and games.
The conference will cover a range of topics including music in advertising, writing for children’s productions and music in games, alongside the opportunity to meet the teams who support composers from both a business and creative perspective.
Sessions will also discuss current opportunities and challenges in the sector and will cover topics useful for both new and more experienced media composers to help all navigate the changing industry landscape.
Networking opportunities will be available throughout the day and will end with a drinks reception sponsored by Neumann.
Speakers will include:
- Claire Batchelor (Composer – Google, Disney, McDonald’s)
- Toby Williams (Director/Music Supervisor, Leland)
- Nicholas Baxter (Head of Music Partnerships – BBC Studios)
- Sian Rogers (Creative Director, Siren Music)
- Bankey Ojo (Composer & Sound Designer)
- Tammy Tinawi (Senior Music Consultant & Senior Producer, Cavendish Music)
- Nainita Desai Emmy winner (Composer – 14 Peaks: Nothing Is Impossible, For Sama, The Reason I Jump)
- Natalia Tsupryk, Composer and violinist
- Mat Andasun Composer and multi-instrumentalist (Louis Theroux, Horizon, Panorama)
- Kate Coggins (Film Editor – Formula 1: Drive to Survive, Dope, The Repair Shop)
- Louisa Rainbird (Head of Music, Europe, Amazon MGM Studios)
- Philip Guyler (Composer for documentaries, drama, children’s and award-winning commercials
- Ray Pagden (CEO, Motus Music)
- Hamish Duff (Composer & Music Supervisor talent agency First Artists Management)
- Ed Williams (Composer Agent at The Composerworks)
- Sarah Liversedge Platz (Director A&R, Bucks Music Group Ltd & Managing Director, BDi Music Ltd)
- Mark Gordon (Composer & CEO Scoredraw Music)
- Chris Banks (Composer, Banks & Wag)
- Rich Aitken (Senior Music Mixer, Nimrod Sound)
- Amy Fitzgerald (Composer – Oddpaw Vet, Irish Fairy Doors, Cocomelon Story Times
- Tom Gray (Songwriter, Composer & Ivors Academy Chair)
- Catherine Grieves (EMMY nominated Music Supervisor – Killing Eve, The Outlaws, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3)
- Richard Jacques (Ivor Novello award-winning, GRAMMY® and BAFTA nominated composer for film, television and video games)
- James Marshall (Senior Music Supervisor, Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe)
- Chloe Kwok (Musician/Composer)
- Alastair Lindsay (Studio Audio Director, Splash Damage)
- Dobs Vye (Composer – Sky News, Operation Ouch!, Moneybags)
- Julian Nott (Composer & Chair PRS for Music Members Council)
- Tristan Noon (Orchestrator & Copyist)
- Heather Fenoughty (Composer)
- Mark Ayres (Composer)
- Dobs Vye (Composer)
- George Hyde (Founder & Director, Music affairs)
Ending with an In Conversation with Nitin Sawhney CBE (Composer/Producer and recipient of the Ivor Novello Lifetime Achievement award) w/Anna Smith (Film Critic & Broadcaster).
- Music for Advertising
- The Creative Composer Team – It’s Not All About Composing!
- Production Music: How To Be Heard in a Crowded Room
- Representation – The Composer Professional Team
- Child’s Play – Composing Music for Children’s Media
- Networking Lunch
- Meet the Commissioners
- Music in Games
- What Does a Good Deal Look Like?
- In Conversation w/Nitin Sawhney
- Closing remarks
Members £89, General Admission £129
Members can book using discount code MEMBERMEDIA01 alongside a valid membership number. Not a member? Join us.
A discount is available for associated organisations and delegates from the IA Global Summit 2023. Please email email@example.com for details.
Can we help with any access requirements? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or fill in this anonymous form here.